MAIN OBJECTIVES OF THE DEPARTMENT
· Profit maximisation from dairy sector
· Socio-economic stability of dairy farmers of the state.
· Increase production of milk to ensure the availability of recommended minimum dietary requirement
· Compliance with Food Safety and Standards Act 2006
· To ensure fresh and safe milk to consumers of the state.
· Increase Rural Employment Opportunities through Entrepreneurship.
· Sustainable Development of the sector
· Strengthening of the organised Dairy farming sector through cooperatives
· Value addition and improved marketing to provide fair price to the farmers
· Innovation, Research and Development for cost effective production
· Provide adequate and quality services at farmers’ door step
· Technology transfer through effective extension activities
· Automate the milk collection and pricing system of the Dairy Co-operatives
· Unify the accounting and management system of the Dairy Co-operatives.
· Creating a network between the Dairy Co-operatives, the Dairy Development Department and other stake holders for efficient and effective management